Motor Intelligence Research
QUERY THE MOTOR INTELLIGENCE SYSTEM (MIS)
for the most comprehensive historical analysis of U.S. industry vehicle sales, stock and incentive data.
- Lease rates and residual values are now available for Maserati, Ram, Subaru, and Volkswagen. 1/15/2021
- Lease rates and residual values are now available for Chevrolet Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, GMC, Mazda, and Nissan. Lease price points are now available for Hyundai. 1/14/2021
- Incentives are now available for Subaru. 1/14/2021
- Lease rates and residual values are now available for Buick, Genesis, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, and Porsche. 1/13/2021
- Lease price points are now available for Ford, Genesis, Maserati, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Porsche, and Subaru. 1/13/2021
- Incentives are now available for Dodge, Genesis, Hyundai, Lincoln, Ram, and Toyota. 1/13/2021
- Lease price points are now available for Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Honda, Jeep, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Ram, and Tesla. 1/12/2021
- Lease rates and residual values are now available for Audi, Bentley, BMW, Infiniti, Kia and Lexus. 1/12/2021
- Incentives are now available for Mercedes-Benz & Nissan. 1/12/2021
- Lease rates and residual values are now available for Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo. 1/11/2021
- Lease price points are now available for Mini and Volkswagen. 1/11/2021
- Incentives are now available for Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, and Lexus. 1/11/2021
Email email@example.com for customized reports, statistics and in-depth industry analysis including:
- Trend Analysis for Multiple Vehicles & Segments
- Featured Lease Price Points Analysis
- Marketing Programs Spending Analysis
- U.S. New & Preowned Vehicle Retail Sales & Stock
- North American Production Statistics
- New Vehicle Retail Sales - Canada
- Incentive Program Comparisons for New &
Preowned Cars and Light Trucks
The December 2020 New Vehicle Sales, Inventory, Incentives Spending and SAAR metrics have been updated with final MBUSA sales results.
2020 MAZDA6: Added $1,000 regional customer cash in its Western region.
2020 MX-5 MIATA: Raised bonus cash to $750 (from $500) in its Western region. Effective 1/15/2021 on Mazda6, MX-5 Miata.
2021 ARMADA: Introduced 0.9% special retail financing for up to 36 months, 1.9% for 48 - 60 months, 2.9% for 72 months and 3.9% for 84 months plus $1,000 APR bonus cash, $1,000 customer cash and lease support.
2021 ROGUE SPORT: Launched 0.0% special retail financing for up to 36 months, 0.9% for 48 - 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months plus $1,000 APR bonus cash, $2,000 customer cash and lease support. Effective 1/5/2021 on Armada and Rogue Sport.
2020 IONIQ HYBRID, IONIQ PHEV, IONIQ EV, KONA EV, SONATA HYBRID: Extended its $1,000 'Holiday Event' cash.
2020 SONATA, TUCSON, SANTA FE: Discontinued No Payments for 5-Months offer.
2021 ELANTRA: Added $500 lease conquest cash.
2021 SONATA: Raised retail bonus cash to $2,000 (from $1,500), but reduced finance support by raising special rates to 0.0% for up to 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months (from 0.0% for 72 mo.).
2021 SONATA HYBRID: Doubled retail bonus cash to $2,000.
2021 KONA: Reduced finance support by raising 60-month special rate to 0.9% (from 0.0%).
2021 TUCSON: Boosted retail bonus cash to $2,000 - $2,500 (from $1,250 - $1,500), enhanced special lease program, lowering its advertised payment by $10/month to $209/month for 36 months with $2,699 due at signing, but reduced finance support by raising special rates to 0.0% for up to 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months (from 0.0% for 72 mo.).
2021 KONA EV: Improved special lease program in ZEV States, lowering its advertised payment by $40/month to $249/month for 36 months with $3,999 due at lease signing and added $500 APR bonus cash, but eliminated $1,000 Holiday Event cash. Effective 1/12/2021 on all Hyundai division vehicles.
2021 C-CLASS: Enhanced lease program, lowering advertised payments by $10/month.
2021 C-CLASS: Launched 0.99% - 1.99% special retail financing plus $1,000 APR bonus cash or $3,000 dealer cash on Sedan.
2021 GLA-CLASS: Lowered incentive bonus to $500 (from $750).
ALL MODELS: Extended most other programs, except for the December Sales Bonus Program through 2/1/2021. Effective 1/12/2021 on all Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
2020 MULSANNE: Raised dealer cash to $40,000 (from $30,000).
ALL MODELS: Extended all other programs through 3/31/2021. Effective 1/5/2021 on all Bentley vehicles.
- December 2020 Incentive Spending: Seasonally Higher, but Lower Y-O-Y Trend Continues
Automakers' spending on light vehicle incentives for the U.S. market was seasonally higher in December 2020 as year-end enhancements drove promotions to $3,927/unit, up 4.0% from November 2020, but down 8.8% from December 2019. The combination of tight inventory levels and solid consumer demand continued drive spending on consumer incentives by manufacturers lower year-over-year despite record new vehicle transaction prices. The trend of lower incentives will likely continue into early 2021. As the year progresses and the new vehicle inventory situation improves, look for incentive spending to increase. Motor Intelligence on 01/06/2021
- BMW aims to double fully-electric vehicle sales in 2021
BMW said on Friday that it aims to double its sales of fully-electric vehicles this year as the German carmaker and rivals race to release new models to comply with CO2 emissions targets and chase market leader Tesla Inc. BMW also said that including plug-in hybrids, it aims for a 50% increase in sales of electrified vehicles versus 2020. It did not give sales volumes for its fully electric vehicles but in 2020 data released on Tuesday BMW said it sold close to 193,000 electrified vehicles - fully electric and plug-in hybrid - last year... Reuters on 01/15/2021
- Auto Sales Gain Traction as Americans Avoid Mass Transit
Taxi business in New York City has dropped by 90% since the start of the pandemic, even as mass transit ridership has fallen precipitously. The situation, repeated across the country, reflects a variety of factors, including a huge increase among those working from home and a sharp decline in business travel. But even among those who must commute, there’s been a sizable shift away from mass transit and ride-hailing services to the use of personal vehicles. And that is leading not only to a surge in car sales, both new and used, but also in the type of vehicles American motorists are purchasing. The Detroit Bureau on 01/14/2021
- With a lot of optimism and vaccine hopes, U.S. auto sales could increase as much as 10% in 2021
Automotive executives and analysts are cautiously optimistic that U.S. vehicle sales will return to some form of normalcy in 2021. Early forecasts for new vehicle sales this year range from about 15.5 million to 16 million vehicles, which would be an increase of between 7.6% and 10.3% compared with 2020. CNBC on 01/14/2021
- Kia drops ‘Motors' from name on path to rebrand
Kia is dumping "Motors" from its corporate name as part of a global brand relaunch meant to position the South Korea automaker as a mover in electric vehicles and new mobility. In changing its name to Kia Corp., from Kia Motors Corp., the company is reaching for a new identity that better reflects its push into new fields, CEO Ho Sung Song said in news release. The move follows the adoption of a new company logo and slogan this month... Automotive News on 01/14/2021
- Chip shortage snarls auto output worldwide
More than a year after its outbreak, the coronavirus keeps finding new ways to hit automakers. After first wiping out auto demand, the virus is now hindering parts supply: chips used in vehicles are harder to come by because semiconductor manufacturers allocated more capacity to meet soaring demand from consumer-electronics makers such as Apple Inc... Automotive News on 01/12/2021
CAN WE HELP?
Regional marketing incentives are changing faster than usual due to the current market conditions.
|We are providing temporary assistance without contract changes such as:
- Add temporary users to query MIS
- Assist with data analytics
- Provide specific industry research
MI IN THE MEDIA
Founded in 1990, Autodata Corporation and it's web analytitics system Motor Intelligence are the world's leading provider of vehicle sales and leasing data for the United States market. Motor Intelligence's analysis and information have helped vehicle manufacturers and financial analysts know where each model stacks up against the competition since 1990. Call us today to learn how we can help with your vehicle information needs. We specialize in online distribution of statistical data, market intelligence, and customizable management reports. Our information makes its way into the hands of OEMs, Wall Street analysts, financial institutions, and media throughout the world.
A full line of automotive statistical reports that cover new vehicle retail deliveries (unit sales), North American vehicle assembly (unit production), and inventory (stock) levels complete with car and truck model detail is available. Additionally, Autodata tracks product programs and marketing promotions including rebates, finance and lease information. Custom out-sourced solutions are also available with guaranteed on-time delivery. We value our long-standing business relationships and view them as a testament to our quality of work.
Our mission at Autodata Corporation is to best serve our clients by delivering high quality and timely market analysis tools, partnered with the best customer service in the industry.